Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GREAT FINDS: DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH


Okay, it's been a while since I've posted a "diamond in the rough" blog.  But let's be honest, they wouldn't be diamonds if I found them all the time! 

A space that I have offically begun working on is our landing.  This french chair is the first to fill it.  I found this great find yesterday at an antique store for $35.00...yes, thirty-five dollars!  With the caining in perfect condition, I decided to paint the wood white (although...I might decide to soften it after I find the exact fabric...I was just too excited!).  Also, I am going to have the cushion recovered in a velvet fabric--either chocolate brown or soft yellow/gold.  Never know for sure, of course.  I will keep you posted!

Here is the antique french chair before white paint and after:




Take care!

1 comment: