Thursday, February 25, 2010

DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: GREAT ANTIQUE FINDS

As I have mentioned before, I love antiquing! It is fun to not only discover amazing quality pieces, but great priced pieces are even better!
Here are my recent finds:

Antique French Chest

This chest has found a new home in my kitchen. What I love about it are the details! The beautiful inlay and burlwood to the lovely brass accents and overall gorgeous shape. A great plus is the deep top drawer and storage space below with shelving. We need all the storage we can get in our house!

Occasional Chair

Now this was an awesome find! It is made by Maitland-Smith and is truly unique with its beautiful rolled arms, gold accents and caining on the sides. This piece makes me happy- and you should always have at least one piece in a room that makes you happy. Although I plan to reupholster this, it is in good shape so I am not in a rush! I usually find it "tacky" to share costs, but I can't help myself! These chairs usually range from 1600 to over 2000 dollars. Mine- $150 at a local antique store.

Have you discovered any great finds lately? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment