Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WELCOME IN STYLE

One of my favorite things is potted plants. They are chic and never go out of style!
They are especially beautiful when they flank front doors.
Front door plants are a wonderful way to make an attractive welcoming statement and express your style. It’s amazing how quickly symmetry can create balance
to an unruly and uninviting area.
Much of the look you pull off is in the pot and color you choose.
To save money I chose a pair of unfinished pots at a local nursery. After cleaning, bleaching and painting, they were ready. Using plants in contrasting colors and graduating sizes and heights can be stunning! I tend to counterbalance tall plants by integrating trailing plants around the edges of the pot.
Of course, the key is keeping your plants alive!
After a heart to heart with a salesperson at Lowes, I learned that people (as in I) tend to kill their plants by not watering enough or overwatering. He suggested purchasing
moisture control soil.
Here are some fabulous potted plants:
Veranda

Southern Accents

Southern Accents

Veranda


Remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Let your front door make a great first impression for you!

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for sharing with me your ideas about my own pots! They look lovely and inviting now that I've replanted them!

    ReplyDelete