Wednesday, April 21, 2010

COLOR IS BACK PEOPLE

Okay, I am almost positive... color is back!

Not too long ago, all we saw were neutrals and browns. I must admit, I love neutrals and browns.. you find it all over my wardrobe. Well, things are changing for sure! I find that adding even a splash of color really adds alot and brings fun to a space. A neutral wall with a dash of turquoise in pillows, lighting or prints, bright or soft, can be stunning! There are so many options! Just as I have discussed in previous blogs, take a look at the fashion industry to see what is in for interior design. Color is back people!

Kate Spade Wellie Magee Bag


According to designer Juan Montoya (above), who holds a spot in the Interior Design Hall of Fame, monochromatic is fading out. "What are some tired design trends? What’s going out of use is to do rooms in a monochromatic way. People are starting to find that color can be quite exciting, and that not every room has to be beige and colorless. You can say you can live in a beige room and be comfortable. But at the same time, I think it depends on how it’s used. And I think that the overexposure of these elements, which only read very monochromatic, is what is going out of style."


*Quote taken from Southern Accents, pic of bag from Kate Spade.com

No comments:

Post a Comment