Monday, April 26, 2010

EXTREME RECYCLING FOR LIGHTING

Attention: Small budgets call for creative measures.


Not sure if you're into recycling...but I had to show you this! I call it extreme recycling for lighting!

Tyler Velten, an architecture student at Yale who designed and created this chandelier is defintely creative. I think we can all agree that he thinks outside the box as far as materials are concerned! His material---60 used plastic grocery bags. How did he do it? He draped the bags over five 11-watt bulbs...using a wire-mesh basket around each bulb (to keep the chandelier from creating a disaster, of course).

I'm curious...what do you think of his masterpiece?



Featured in the New York Times

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I think I'll skip his personal look! But he gets an A for creativeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is neat but scares me a bit with plastic and heat so close together. I would HATE to dust that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know! I'm curious to see what the chandelier looks like on.

    ReplyDelete