Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NEW YORK IN HISTORIC CHARLESTON

One of my favorite places is Charleston, South Carolina. And, one of my favorite things to do there is tour historic homes. What's even more amazing is that I never once toured a home or took a carriage ride until I finished school there..how crazy, right?!


Today I decided to share with you a beautiful historic home in Charleston that is owned by New York designer Eric Cohler. His style is described as, "a traditionalist's with an appreciation for contemporary design." With a master's degree in historic preservation, he fell in love with this home after attending the Spoleto Festival. He claims that staying in this house during the festival "seduced him at once." Cohler purchased the property the following autumn. He bought most of his furnishings in South Carolina and although he grew up in New York, he claims "Charleston as home."

This porch is amazing!








Did you notice some of my favorite things??? Tufted seating, potted plants, benches, garden stools, seagrass rugs, unexpected artwork over classic pieces...



*All pics from Veranda

No comments:

Post a Comment