Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HOME LIGHTING PROJECT

A new project that I have taken on is finding a chandelier for our foyer.

In keeping with the historic arcitecture of our home, I wanted to find a fabulous antique chandelier for the entryway to replace the fixture that came with the house. A must on my check list was finding something with a gold finish. My thoughts were either lantern or crystals. After looking at pictures of Andy and Kate Spade's New York apartment on New York magazine's site the other day, I was instantly drawn to the beautiful crystal chandelier in their foyer! The shape of this piece happily blends the classic and modern look of their home.


Soon after, I discovered a fabulous antique crystal chandelier at a local antique store. I knew instantly that the porportions would be perfect and add the much needed sparkle! I decided to take advantage of the layaway option. Not many antiques stores offer this, so if you are wanting to keep your spending in check, why not?!

A before and after photo is coming soon...

Don't let high profile interiors intimidate you. You can get wonderful inpiration and practical ideas for your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment